For your blog prompt this week, you are to choose one of the following TED talks:
- Daniel Wolpert: The real reason for brains
- Jim Fallon: Exploring the mind of a killer
- Rebecca Saxe: How we read each other’s minds
- Suzana Herculano Houzel: What is so special about the human brain?
- Siddharthan Chandran: Can the damaged brain repair itself?
- Thomas Insel: Toward a new understanding of mental illness
- Miguel Nicolelis: Brain to brain communication has arrived
Each talk focuses on a different aspect of the brain. In your response, address the following issues:
- What drew you to choose the talk you did?
- Briefly summarize the talk.
- What did you find most interesting about the talk?
- How trustworthy did you find the presenter and the information she or he presented? Explain why.(Note: you must go beyond talking about the reputation of TED talks in general)
- Come up with a research idea of your own based on the information presented in the talk and briefly outline how you would conduct it.